Thursday, September 04, 2008

What's That Smell?

Thing #126: Covering up bad smells doesn't always work.

I guess this one's a little obvious, but true, none the less!

You see, it began yesterday with an... interesting smell coming from the bathroom. Ok, so I know what you're all thinking, but this wasn't your ordinary bathroom "interesting smell". Last night the smell was still there, only stronger. That's when Ian and I were finally able to identify the odor as it had a very distinct scent to it, the smell of something dead.

Having confirmed that some small critter must have died somewhere in the wall/basement/attic didn't help much. It still smelled. The solution? Mom lit a delicious mocha scented candle and stuck it in the bathroom. Which leads me to the covering up smells part. I wandered in to brush my teeth and mom came by to ask if it smelled any better. The answer? No. Now, instead of smelling like something died in the wall, it smells like something died in a cup of coffee... Oh well. Now is the part where we scour the walls/basement/attic and try to discover the source.

The Chimp

(Ok Kiwi, what did I spell wrong this time?)

2 comments:

Kiwifruits of Fire said...

Nothing jumps out at me. Sorry, I should probably just become a copy editor or something. Get it out of my system at work and not have to bother my friends, family, and wife. This drives Katherine crazy. Hope you found whatever was dead.

(This is more of a letter than a comment.)

R.Clancy said...

Nope, but the smell went away so presumably some other critter made off with the first one... or ate it... kind of gross, I know.