Thursday, April 21, 2005

On a Roll

When you go to take off a flat tire, make sure the parking brake is engaged. I didn't. It was fine until I actually went to turn the lug nut. That's about the point when the car started rolling towards the hill. Naturally, I valiently grasped onto the special tire wrench thing to stop it and held back the force of the car.

So, there we were, me and the car locked in perfect tension, neither willing to budge. Thankfully, my mother had recently purchased me a nifty cell phone holder that clipped to my belt. It was on the side with my free hand. I swiftly pulled the cell phone loose and dialed my house, which was only about five feet away. The conversation went something like this.

Ian: Hello.
Me: Ian! Come out and put the parking brake on my car!
Ian (confused): What?
Me (vehemently): COME OUTSIDE AND TURN ON MY PARKING BREAK!!!!!!!!
Ian (still confused): Okay . . .

Thankfully he rushed out and put on the parking brake saving me from imminent danger. I certainly won't make that mistake again.

Flaming Kiwifruit

No comments: