Thursday, January 29, 2009

Birthdays

What we know is that birthdays are inevitable. We all have them.

What you might not know is that more times then not my birthday has fallen on a date where unnecessary travel in our county is not recommended. Often as a child plans for my birthday have fallen through.

This year, wiser as I am instead of planning events for my actual birthday we planned them for the day before. Although the weather was not spectacular we were still able to make the trip to Syracuse, watch a movie, consume copious amounts of cold stone creamery ice cream and hoffmann hotdogs, shop and have a great time.

The next day , as predicted, Phil and I were snowed in, unable to venture out to church or anywhere else until the evening. Luckily we had a cake mix in the cupboard and we were able to persevere. It was a good birthday :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We certainly hope it was

R.Clancy said...

Happy Birthday!! (belated). You see, I finally found out from mom when your birthday was this year and planned to wish you a Happy Bitrthdy. Unfortunately, for some reason I thought this Friday was the 23... but that was last Friday. Now I know that and I feel bad for not calling :(